10.11.2009

Clientele Highlight: Pageant Pretty

Yay for the clientele highlights :-)

I haven't been able to post one of these in a while. And I'm all the more thankful I get to today. Any opportunity for work is a blessing... :-)

I mentioned Thursday about the pageant I was doing Friday. All in all, it went A-Ma-Zing! From the hours of 2 p.m. - 9 p.m. I got to do about eight girls in total. Six of them contestants, one host and the pageant director.

Unfortunately, I was unable to get any pictures because I was working straight through the whole time and during the show when girls wanted subtle changes for their looks. But there was a photographer on hand who was able to snap some pictures of the show. And as soon as I get my hands on them, I'll be sure to post, with his permission, of course.

But more importantly I learned a lot of things from this experience that'll carry onto other appointments, shows and make-up opportunities.

So here goes:

LESSONS LEARNED
1. Always have make-up remover on hand
-It sounds like a no-brainer, but that night it completely slipped my mind. And that's something I'll never forget. Gotta have it!
2. Have a game plan
-I was a little flustered at first so to calm my nerves I'm creating, what I'll call my "facial checklist" just to make sure I'm doing things orderly and timely. I found myself skipping certain skincare prep steps by mistake. Not cool :-/
3. Have back-ups of essential brushes
-Like my Sonia Kashuk blending brush and my duo-fibre brush. Love em!
4. Sponges make foundation streaky!
- For doing a lot of faces they are the go-to measure for applying foundation. Thankfully I had my duo-fibre brush to smooth things out
5. Carry baby powder.
-The girls were asking for it a lot.
6. Learn some basic make-up skills for men.
-Even though I was there to do make-up on the female contestants, the males wanted a little enhancement as well, which frankly I don't know about. I only know to blot excess oil off of their skin. That's about it
7. Purchase a metal spatula/scooper thingy
I bought a bag of disposal ones but after a while of constant repurchasing it'll be more cost effective to get the real deal
8. Get a stainless steel plate to mix all make-up concoctions
Sure the tip to use CD's are fine but I gotta be a bit more professional so this one should be making into my mailbox pretty soon. They're pretty inexpensive. I've seen them for about $8
9. Find an online resource for disposable necessities.
Working with so many girls, I go through a lot of disposable mascara wands, lip brushes and etc so I need to look into finding places that offer them in bulk at a great deal.


And my lifesaver of the day?

My RCMA palette!

It was worth every penny. Mixing a few colors here and there created the perfect foundation for these lovely ladies.

Overall I loved the experience and would love to work with them again.

And shout out to TJ for giving me a chance! ;-)

I truly appreciate you all for reading!

XOXO & many blessings,
B. Pierre


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: