4.12.2011

KissyFace Approved?| L'oreal Telescopic Mascara in Carbon Black

Morning Lovelies,

I'm back with another "KissyFace Approved?" post. When I was younger my go-to makeup picks were lip gloss, eyeliner and mascara. I just loved the effects that these three little things had on my face. But more in particular I was obsessed with mascara. With all the various kinds available, promising different things, I just couldn't get enough of them. I was always trying to find and explore the options that were available.

And today is no different.




I purchased this a few weeks ago from Wal-mart. Unfortunately, I didn't keep the receipt to give you a price but it was fairly inexpensive.

When I popped open the tube, the brush was already making this look to be something promising.

REVIEW
Because I have small eyes, I knew that this would be perfect to really catch all of my hairs and really allow me to get in on my lashes in order to get the full benefit of the mascara. The "bristles" are more like plastic teeth instead of the traditional bristles of a mascara.

So to truly give this mascara a go, I applied it in layers in order to see how far it could go. Here are what my lashes look like sans mascara.



It's nothing to get too exited about but they're mine. LOL  But as you can see I can use the help of mascara to bring my lashes to life.

On the first application, I was pretty amazed. The carbon black really helped my lashes to pop in comparison to them in their natural state.


I had no clumping and the lashes are separated which I really like. Nothing like seeing clumpy lashes. That really makes me gag. SMH  But I didn't really gain that much length, which is something I'm always looking for in a mascara more than anything else.

But it was on the second application that it really delivered on length.


It's like night and day between the first and second application. The lashes are still separated and nothing else is amiss either.


And because things were going so well, I attempted at a third application. It wouldn't hurt right?





Same satisfied story. Because of the teeth I'm able to really comb through the lashes and prevent them from clumping. Had it been a traditional brush, I might have ran into a clumping disaster by the third application. It just kept getting better and better on each go-around.

THE VERDICT

And now the question stands, is it KissyFace Approved?

Well, if you couldn't tell the answer is YES! It's become my go to mascara. I love what it does for my lashes. The carbon black and the bristles made this a favorite for me.  So, this will definitely stay in rotation.

Do you lovelies have a mascara of choice? Brands you recommend?

Let me know I'd love to explore even further.

Till the next post!

Much Love & Many Blessings,
B. Pierre

FTC Disclosure: L'oreal had no in on this review. It's all me. Mascara was purchased with my dollars. =)

No comments: