4.08.2011

Skincare Regime

Happy Friday!

I wanted to share with you all what I'm currently using for my skincare regime. I have normal to dry skin so these recommendations may be best suited for you if you similar to me.


CLEANSERS
I use one of two cleansers and they both are from Aveeno. When I wear makeup, at the end of the night I reach for Aveeno's Makeup Remover Cleanser. It effectively removes  my makeup while cleaning my skin. I used to try using just a regular cleanser to remove my makeup and finally saw the light when I tried this beauty right here.

With one pump, I wash my face. The cleanser comes out as a foam so it's really light but it gets the job done.


There are days when I don't wear makeup and I skip to my using my regular cleanser, the Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser. It barely lathers up at all but that's not necessarily what I'm interested in.



 I got it mainly because of it's promises to " bring out [my] skin's natural radiance" and " helps [to] even out [my] skin tone and texture." Dry skin tends to get a little dull and always being out in the sun, in Florida I need any help I can get to maintain and protect my complexion and really show off my skin at it's best.

SCRUBS
Everyone needs a good scrub. In fact, I have two. I use them in an alternating sequence.

 Even though  the Aveeno Skin Brightening is a daily scrub, I more so use it every other day. It's not too abrasive. The scrubbing granules are really fine and doesn't scratch my skin too bad, which is why it's safe enough for everyday use but I just choose not to.

Now when I feel like my skin is not at its best, or it's not as smooth as I'd like it to be, I skip my Aveeno  scrub altogether and use my Neutrogena Deep Clean Invigorating Foaming Scrub. This is a true scrub through and through. I love the smell and it get's the job done. I definitely don't recommend using this on an everyday basis because, of how abrasive and large the microbeads are.


MOISTURIZER
I only have one at the moment and it's on the heavy side. It's perfect for the fall/winter season. It's thick consistency holds up to the weather. I've been using it for years and it hasn't failed me yet. A little does go a long way, I literally just dot it on my face and blend out. I used to over use it and ended up looking greasy. SMH.


But because I've learned better, I finally figured out to use less. Over time my skin has normalized and I'm using less of it because of it. When it comes to the spring/ summer, I sparingly put it on my face to moisturize my skin. Currently I'm looking for a gel-based moisturizer that I can switch to for this current season and the next so it'll be my lighter alternative to what I currently use.

And that's rounds up my routine.

I even recorded myself  talking about my routine.  I was so sleepy when I recorded this. SMH There's bloopers at the end. Enjoy!


Have an amazing weekend.

Much Love & Many Blessings,
B. Pierre


FTC Disclosure: All the products mentioned were purchased on my own  and I wasn't compensated in any way.

No comments: