4.14.2011

KissyFace Approved? |Nivea: A Kiss of Smoothness

My trusty lip balm pouch. Alway gotta have options

Evening Lovelies!

I'm back with another review post, like I mentioned in my previous posts, right up there with mascaras,  lipgloss/ lip balms were my favorite makeup products too. Even today I have a small pouch of various lip products that I carry with me at all times.

And wouldn't it be most appropriate to feature a lip product of the week, right? It is KissyFace so it'd be a perfect fit, so I'm looking forward to getting that going.

So last week on a trip to Wal-mart, (I'm there a lot)  I needed to pick up some much needed  items. And on the way out, I noticed Nivea's lip balm. My lips were dry and I decided to pick up the quick fix at the checkout line.


I can't recall how much it was but it was under $4.00.  My previous relationship with Nivea was through a body cream that I used a few years back. I had a favorable experience with it in the past so I was excited to try this.

SPECIFICATIONS
Directions: Apply evenly to lips before sun exposure. Re-apply as needed.
Description: Hydrating Lip Care SPF 4, Light-weight, fast absorbing formula and long-lasting moisturization
Product:  0.17 oz

REVIEW
At first glance, the packaging is simple and is a classic style of lip balm but having the lip balm container stark white reminds me of a glue stick. I'm a sucker for packaging so it failed in that department.  But that's not the most important about the product so I can live with it.


With the actual lip balm, the smell was faint, which I appreciated.  It applied smoothly and was really velvety and felt really promising. And the fact that it had SPF4 made it more favorable.

But I had to constantly re-apply the lip balm. Within an hour of application I needed more. I could be doing absolutely nothing and the product still wouldn't last after an hour.  And it seemed that if I didn't re-apply soon after it started to wear off my lips felt extremely chapped to the point of slightly cracking.


VERDICT
KissyFace Approved, you ask?



NOPE! It's doesn't make the cut for my lip balm pouch.

It didn't live up to my expectations. It wasn't long-lasting as it promised. It felt  moisturizing but not for long. Even as I type it's been less than hour since I've applied it and my lips are felling less than stellar.

I was actually disappointed by the fact that I was disappointed by the lip balm because I've been a fan in the past but you can't win every time, right?


Are there any particular lip glosses and lip balms you enjoy? Have any suggestions? Let me know, I'm alway interested in trying new things.

Till the next post, loves.

Much Love & Many Blessings,
B. Pierre

P.S. I'm still working on getting my space tidied up here. I'm hoping by tomorrow things will be back to the old template till I get it figured out. =)

FTC Disclosure:  Product reviewed were purchased with my own dollars. It's not affiliated with the company.

No comments: