5.02.2011

KissyFace Approved?| Black Radiance Foundations


It looks like I'm on a KissyFace Approved? blog rampage. I've got a few more things that I want to share with you all. I've made a few purchases recently and I want to get in the habit of giving you my opinions on products and sharing my thoughts with you on them.

About two weeks ago, I had a photo shoot that I had needed some products for.  I didn't want to spend too much money but I wanted something of good quality. Plus I wanted something that are women of color friendly so I choose to try Black Radiance at Walmart.

I had been curious about what they had to offer in the past so I thought it was good timing to try them out. I ended picking up five items. Some were hits others were misses.

REVIEW
What I was interested in at first were their foundations. It was part of the "Color Perfect" line. I picked up two of them in the colors Brownee and Cocoa Bean. Each bottle was $3.87. It looked like that these two were the darkest shades they had available. At first I assumed Cocoa Bean was my color but after it oxidized it was too dark and Brownee ended up suiting me better. 

The foundation states that it's a oil-free liquid make-up. Each comes in a glass bottle with 1.0 fl. oz. What I found interesting was the fact that applicator was this plastic wand below


Brownee on the "wand"
Here's Brownee on my had before it was blended out.
Brownee on my hand before rubbing in
 It's consistency on my skin was very weightless. For it being a liquid foundation I didn't really feel it which is what really liked about it.
Brownee blended
 Just a quick shot of Cocoa Bean on the wand. Initially I thought that this was my color.



Oxidation really darkened  the color. Even thought it was a test on my hand I knew that it wasn't going to blend as nicely as the first color. So thankfully I bought the two. But probably during the summer I'm going to have to add a little of Cocoa Bean with Brownee to warm it up a bit. But for now Brownee suits me well.



VERDICT
KissyFace Approved? Yes, a million times over.

For a foundation to only be $3.87. I was pleasantly surprised by the coverage. It didn't break out my skin. It worked beautifully on my client. The wand was awkward but it was good for applying to the back of my hand when I was using it on my client.

Even though I'm not a fan of foundations, this made me more of a believer. I actually ended up using it in tinted moisturizer mix for graduation photos that I took this past week. I'll have a video up on this at the end of the week.

And here's quick pic of it on me. Blended beautifully, right? And this photo is unedited. Straight from camera to blog. =)


Later on this afternoon, I'm going to be posting another review on the concealers and an accompanying video about me rattling off about the products.

Are there any other women of color foundations you want me to try or suggest? Any one have any foundations horror stories they want to share? I'd love to read them.

Much Love & Many Blessings,
B. Pierre
FTC Disclaimer: These products were purchased with my funds. No sponsorships here!

No comments: