5.24.2011

Face of the Day | Interview Pretty


Afternoon Lovelies,

This past Friday I had an interview for a position. It was my first real interview out of college so I wanted to do it up right but in an approporate tasteful manner. When it comes to wearing makeup for an interview or in a professional setting it's important that what you are wearing isn't what people are focused on. It may catch their attention for how well it looks but it never should be a distraction.
So with that in mind and wanting to make a good impression I went back to my tried and true Jane Cosmetics eyeshadow dou to create my interview appropriate look. It was really simple and quick to do. When ever I want a simple and clean look I easily run to this duo for help.

I even had time to film a quick tutorial on how I used the products to show what I did for my face.  I focused on drugstore products because I don't know about you but when you're in job hunt mode spending money on high-end makeup shouldn't be the first option if you can avoid it so this looks concentrates on drugstore products. Only two items were "high-end." 

The only color I wanted to really show was in my lips and and as you can see it wasn't a lot! =)



Below is a quick list of the products used:

EYES
Lid- |Hazelnut ( Jane Cosmetics)
Crease| Brownie Points ( Jane Cosmetics)
Highlight| Shimmery Nude Color ( from Almay brown eyes eyeshadow trio)
Lower Lashline| Brownie Points
Waterline | Brown Velvet ( Mary Kate & Ashley
Upper Lashline| Black Gel Liner by Black Radiance
Mascara| Lash Stilletto in Very Black ( Maybelline) followed by Telescopic in Carbon Black ( Loreal)

FACE
Concealer| 8002 ( Black Radiance)
Powder| MAC Mineralized SkinFinish in Deep Dark
Cheeks | Raizin ( MAC)

LIPS
Lip Liner| Obsession ( Rimmel London)
Lipgloss| Undeniable Mauve ( L'oreal) topped off with Clear Lipglass ( MAC)


And here are the close-up of the eyes after it's all said and done. =)




And I'm signing off with a kissy face! ;-)



I'll be sharing the video with you all later this afternoon! =)


Much Love and Many Blessings!
B. Pierre

No comments: