5.18.2011

Haitian Heritage Month| Haitian Flag Day Tutorial



Afternoon Lovelies,

As I mentioned before, I was planning on doing some looks to celebrate Haitian Heritage Month. And here's the first one. I'm of Haitian descent and I'm more than enthused to share these looks that I have planned.

Today actually marks Haitian Flag Day, so it's a perfect way to kick start this series of looks for the rest of the month!


The look I created isn't neccessarily a direct representation of the dominant colors. I wanted to do something untraditional and take a different approach. I decided to focus on the colors more on the inside of the white box choosing to focus on the colors of yellow and green.

And when I finished the look the yellow and green reminded me of plantains that I used to eat all the time as a kid. LOL So this look was in dedication to the food as well.


Below are a list of the featured products for this look

EYES
Lid| Honey ( Urban Decay)
Crease| Hard Luck ( Kat Von D) & Grafitti ( Urban Decay)
Below Brow Bone| Lime Alive ( Covergirl) and random green and gold eyeshadow Color: 01 ( Giovi, beauty supply store brand)
Highlight| Skin ( NYX) mixed with the highlight color from an Almay brown eyes trio palette
Lower Lashline| (outside to inside) Red for Dangerzone trio, Deep Truth ( MAC Colors)
Waterline and Upper Lashline| Black Gel Liner by Black Radiance
Mascara| Lash Stilletto in Very Black ( Maybelline) followed by Telescopic in Carbon Black ( Loreal)

FACE
Concealer| 8002 ( Black Radiance)
Powder| MAC Mineralized SkinFinish in Deep Dark
Cheeks | Red-Orange Pigment  ( MAC)

LIPS
Lip Liner| Chestnut ( M.A.C. )
Lipstick | Soft Nude ( Revlon)
Lipgloss| Clear LipGlass( M.A.C.)


PICTURES




And here are a close-up of the eyes with and without flash





Have an awesome end to your day, lovelies.

I'll also be posting a video tutorial for this look as well later this evening.

Much love & Many Blessings,
B. Pierre

No comments: